YMCA Policies – Code of Conduct and Participation Guidelines
- Members agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the YMCA of Greater Omaha.
- Members must show their membership card at time of registration and for admittance.
- Membership may be cancelled for violation of rules and regulations.
- All draft cancellations must be submitted before the 25th of the month to avoid a draft the following month.
- We reserve the right to charge $5 for replacement membership cards.
- Program pre-registration is required.
- All program fees must be paid and financial assistance requests must be pre-approved prior to the starting date.
- Late registration for classes may be pro-rated, plus a possible late fee.
- Program fees and times are subject to change without notification.
- Each program must meet a minimum participant number or it will be canceled.
- Black-soled shoes or work boots are not allowed in the gym, multi-purpose room or Wellness Center.
- Lockers and locker rooms are available on a daily-use basis. Articles may not be kept lockers overnight. Bring your own lock.
- If you suspect inappropriate or illegal activity within our facilities, please notify a staff member immediately. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Only Personal Trainers employed by the YMCA can provide training within YMCA programs and facilities.
- Youth ages 10 or older allowed in facility without adult supervision for general usage like open gym, teen rooms or activity centers, open swim and wellness floors with Youth Fitness Training certification (4-hour daily max). All youth under age 10 must be accompanied by adult 16 years or older at all times.
- Youth 5 years old and younger: Children 5 years old and younger must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of responsible individual 16 years old or older at all times.
- Youth 6 to 9 years old: Children 6 to 9 years old must be accompanied in the swimming pool area by a responsible individual 16 years old or older at all time.
- Children older than 5 are not allowed to enter locker rooms of the opposite sex (even if escorted by parent).
- Children under 18 years old are not allowed in adult fitness centers (Downtown YMCA)
- The YMCA does not provide health or accident insurance. All individuals participate at their own risk.
- Please check with the branch directly for information on racquetball reservations, guest passes, use of the weight room and class cancellation due to inclement weather.
- Please respect all handicapped parking signs and posted speed limits within the YMCA grounds.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting is not allowed.
- Harassment or intimidation toward others by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior is not allowed.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way is not allowed.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, as well as any sexual contact with another person, is not allowed.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire is not allowed.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs is not allowed.
- The YMCA of Greater Omaha strictly forbids the possession, use, or display of weapons/firearms in or around YMCA property including all buildings and surrounding areas, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and vehicles.
- Smoking is not allowed on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property are tobacco and nicotine free environments.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA is not allowed.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property is not allowed.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
- Use of electronic devices, cameras or video recording devices is prohibited in ALL locker rooms and restrooms. Cellular devices are highly discouraged from being used on the wellness floor, as a courtesy to surrounding members and guests.
- An application for a sport or class once processed, may be canceled prior to the beginning of the program, and a refund may be given, minus $15.00 for administrative handling. Partial refunds may be given in the case of illness/ injury occurring within the first two weeks of a program, on a case-by-case basis. Refunds are in the form of check or credit only.
- We require written notice of membership cancellation before the 25th of the month to avoid a draft the following month.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
- Outstanding payments (including bad checks and bad bank drafts) are subject to additional service charges and termination.
Non Member Daily Facility Fees:
The YMCA routinely photographs and/or videotapes our members and program participants in various activities. Some of this material is used for marketing and/or fundraising. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please tell the photographer/videographer, or step out of the shot. Taking photographs and/or recording audio or video without authorization is not allowed in certain areas within the facilities of the YMCA of Greater Omaha. Please adhere to all posted signage.
Before being admitted into a participating YMCA, nationwide members must present a valid Y membership card that includes a photo or other photo identification. Participating Ys are located across the country, including the YMCA of Greater Omaha. Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time. If visiting a non-participating location, that Y's Guest Policy will govern access to facilities and programs. Individuals placed on a sexual offender registry are not eligible to participate in Nationwide Membership. For complete details, visit Y USA's website at www.ymca.net. Nationwide members, who are college students, who intend to live away from their home Y (YMCA where the family has their membership), must transfer their membership and pay membership dues to the YMCA that they will be using while in school.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
The YMCA of Greater Omaha strives to be a diverse and inclusive organization open to all. We are guided by our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in everything we do and this is highlighted when we welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity/race, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. The Y believes that, in a diverse world, we are stronger when we are inclusive, when our doors are open to all and when everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha allows members who terminate their membership to rejoin within 30 days without paying a joining fee. After that time, the full joining fee will be charged.