Black History Month
During Black History Month, and throughout the year, we are proud of the African Americans that have been a part of the rich YMCA history. Below is a list of virtual events taking place during February in honor of Black History Month.
We invite you to join us for our virtual celebrations!
Click the link below to learn more about Black history at the YMCA.
►History of Hip Hop & Strengthening Community with Houston Alexander & DJ Rip
- February 17, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- A snapshot of the history of hip hop and how it has helped strengthen community.
►Virtual Tour: Great Plains Black History Museum (2 options)
►Black Women in Business Virtual Panel
- February 23 11:30am – 1:00 pm
- Join us in a virtual panel discussion to learn about different business women in the community. We will discuss the intersectionality of being a black woman in business, their experiences and other topics. There will be time for questions as well. Eat lunch with us and enjoy the conversation.
►We Wear Black!
- February 26 - all day!
- Wear black to the YMCA on February 26 to bring awareness to systemic racism and oppression of Black people in the United States and around the globe. Use #WeWearBlack and tag your Y branch when posting to social media!