Delay the Disease™
This evidence-based fitness program created by Ohio Health, led by certified Delay the Disease™ instructors is designed to empower people with Parkinson’s disease by optimizing their physical function and helping to delay the progression of symptoms. Research in the area of Parkinson’s disease indicates that exercise has been shown to improve self-confidence and independence, decrease the risk of falls, minimize fatigue, reduce rigidity and improve mobility.
The Parkinson’s exercise program is geared specifically to counteract the movement challenges experienced by people with Parkinson’s. Individuals with other neurological conditions are also welcome to join the class! Classes are ongoing and participants may join at any time.
|Non-Member||$120||12 week session|
2020 Session Dates
1. January 5-March 28, 2020
2. March 29-June 20, 2020
3. June 21-September 12, 2020
4. September 13-December 12, 2020 (no class the week of Thanksgiving)
- Maple Street YMCA: Tuesday 1:00-2:00pm, Wednesday 5:30-6:30pm, and/or Thursday 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Sarpy YMCA: Tuesday and/or Thursday 11:50am-12:50pm
- Southwest YMCA: Tuesday 1:00-2:00pm and/or Thursday 11:00am-12:00pm
- Twin Rivers YMCA: Monday 1:00-2:00pm (beginning March 30)
- YMCA Healthy Living Center: Monday 11:00-11:50am, Tuesday 10:00-10:50am, Wednesday 11:00-11:50am, and/or Thursday 12:15-12:45pm
Before beginning the program, participants must obtain physician clearance and complete the (3) following forms:
Note: An application is required for anyone participating in YMCA programs, but does not mean you must become a member of the YMCA to participate.
For more information or to sign up for the program, please contact: