Reach & Rise
Reach & Rise® is a national YMCA program designed to build a better future for youth by helping them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults.
Reach & Rise supports youth ages 6 to 17 who lack role models and are in communities challenged by poverty, crime and single-parent households, among other social issues. As a volunteer mentor, you can provide a positive and consistent relationship with a young person, helping to improve your mentee’s self-esteem, decision-making skills, school performance and interpersonal relationships,
Become a mentor:
By sharing your time and guidance, you can help your mentee express feelings, have a positive outlook for the future, become more confident and improve at school. You’ll learn how to be a positive role model and gain a better perspective of the pressures and challenges that youth face.
Who are our mentors?
The ideal Reach & Rise mentor is
- a dependable, responsible adult who wants to share new interests and experiences with youth.
- a friend, counselor, role model, supporter and guide.
- someone who can listen, respect different points of view and empathize with a child’s struggles.
- be at least 21 years old
- complete the 15+ hour training
- pass a fingerprint security screening
- have a clean driving record and valid auto liability insurance (if driving mentee)
- spend 1-3 hours a week with youth over the course of a year.
Contact Program Director: Natasha Hall, 402-930-4352 to become involved a guide a life today.
Have a youth in mind, ages 6-17 that can benefit from a mentor/mentee relationship? Contact Program Director: Natasha Hall, 402-930-4352