DELAY THE DISEASE™
This evidence-based fitness program created by Ohio Health, led by certified Delay the Disease™ instructors is designed to empower people with Parkinson’s disease by optimizing their physical function and helping to delay the progression of symptoms. Research in the area of Parkinson’s disease indicates that exercise has been shown to improve self-confidence and independence, decrease the risk of falls, minimize fatigue, reduce rigidity and improve mobility.
The Parkinson’s exercise program is geared specifically to counteract the movement challenges experienced by people with Parkinson’s. Individuals with other neurological conditions are also welcome to join the class! Classes are ongoing and participants may join at any time.
$10/class (registration for the whole month is required)
2021 SESSION DATES
- Session 1: January 4-March 26, 2021
- Session 2: March 29-June 18, 2021
- Session 3: June 21-September 10, 2021
- Session 4: September 13-December 10, 2021 (no class the week of Thanksgiving)
- Session 3 & 4: Maple Street YMCA: Tuesdays & Thursdays with Emmy: 1:00-2:00 pm (Contact Emmy to sign up at 402-393-3700 or email@example.com)
- Sessions 3 & 4: YMCA Healthy Living Center: Tuesdays & Thursdays with Lois: 10:00-11:00 am (Contact Lois to sign up at 712-323-5995 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sessions 3 & 4: Sarpy YMCA: Tuesday & Thursday with Allyssa: 12:00-1:00 pm (Contact Allyssa to sign up at 402-339-9861 or email@example.com)
- Sessions 3 & 4: Twin Rivers YMCA: Mondays with Courtney: 10:30-11:30 am (Contact Courtney to sign up at 402-359-9622 or email)
- Session 4: Butler Gast YMCA: TBD with Emmy: (Contact Emmy to sign up at 402-393-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Session 4: Southwest YMCA: TBD with Amy: (Contact Amy to sign up at email@example.com)
Before beginning the program, participants must obtain physician clearance and complete the three following forms:
Note: A YMCA application is required for anyone participating in YMCA programs, but does not mean you must become a member of the YMCA to participate.
For more information or to sign up for the program, please contact: Amy Roux: firstname.lastname@example.org