YMCA Policies – Code of Conduct and Participation Guidelines
- Members agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the YMCA of Greater Omaha.
- Members must show their membership card at time of registration and for admittance.
- Membership may be cancelled for violation of rules and regulations.
- All draft cancellations must be submitted before the 25th of the month to avoid a draft the following month.
- We reserve the right to charge $5 for replacement membership cards.
Program pre-registration is required.
- All program fees must be paid and financial assistance requests must be pre-approved prior to the starting date.
- Late registration for classes may be pro-rated, plus a possible late fee.
- Program fees and times are subject to change without notification.
- Each program must meet a minimum participant number or it will be cancelled.
- Black-soled shoes or work boots are not allowed in the gym, multi-purpose room or Wellness Center.
- Lockers and locker rooms are available on a daily-use basis. Articles may not be kept lockers overnight. Bring your own lock.
- If you suspect inappropriate or illegal activity within our facilities, please notify a staff member immediately. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Only Personal Trainers employed by the YMCA can provide training within YMCA programs and facilities.
- Children 7 and younger must be directly supervised by an adult while in YMCA facilities.(The Downtown YMCA requires that children 13 and younger must be directly supervised by an adult.) Children may not accompany parents to adult classes or the Wellness Center.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) in the pool.
- The YMCA does not provide health or accident insurance. All individuals participate at their own risk.
- Please check with the branch directly for information on racquetball reservations, guest passes, use of the weight room and class cancellation due to inclement weather.
- Please respect all handicapped parking signs and posted speed limits within the YMCA grounds.
- Children older than 5 are not allowed to enter locker rooms of the opposite sex (even if escorted by parent).
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting is not allowed.
- Harassment or intimidation toward others by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior is not allowed.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way is not allowed.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior as well as any sexual contact with another person is not allowed.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire is not allowed.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs is not allowed.
- The YMCA of Greater Omaha strictly forbids the possession, use, or display of weapons in or around YMCA property including all buildings and surrounding areas, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and vehicles.
- Smoking is not allowed on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property are smoke-free environments.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA is not allowed.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property is not allowed.
- Individuals who are listed on a sex offenders registry are not allowed to participate in any YMCA memberships or program activities.
- An application for a sport or class once processed, may be cancelled prior to the beginning of the program, and a refund may be given, minus $5.00 for administrative handling. Partial refunds may be given in the case of illness/ injury occurring within the first two weeks of a program. Refunds are in the form of check or credit only.
- We require written notice of membership cancellation before the 25th of the month to avoid a draft the following month.
- Outstanding payments (including bad checks and bad bank drafts) are subject to additional service charges and termination.
Non Member Daily Facility Fees:
Butler-gast YMCA & South Program Center Daily Fees:
The YMCA routinely photographs and/or videotapes our members and program participants in various activities. Some of this material is used for marketing and/or fundraising. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please tell the photographer/videographer, or step out of the shot. Taking photographs and/or recording audio or video without authorization is not allowed in certain areas within the facilities of the YMCA of Greater Omaha. Please adhere to all posted signage.
Iowa Reciprocal Membership Agreement
Members of any YMCA in Iowa are considered members throughout the state. Iowa residents may join any Y, regardless of whether it is where they are residing. If you are not a member of the YMCA of Greater Omaha, you must pay community member rates for programs.
Nebraska Reciprocal Membership Agreement
Members of any YMCA in Nebraska are considered members throughout the state. However, an individual must join the YMCA in the community in which they reside. If you are not a member of the YMCA of Greater Omaha, you must pay community member rates for programs.
Out of State YMCA AWAY Members
These members are allowed a 7 day pass during their visit.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha allows members who terminate their membership to rejoin within 30 days without paying a joining fee. After that time, the full joining fee will be charged.