YMCA Policies – Code of Conduct and Participation Guidelines
- Members agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the YMCA of Greater Omaha.
- Members must show their membership card at time of registration and for admittance.
- Membership may be cancelled for violation of rules and regulations.
- All draft cancellations must be submitted before the 25th of the month to avoid a draft the following month.
- We reserve the right to charge $5 for replacement membership cards.
- Program pre-registration is required.
- All program fees must be paid and financial assistance requests must be pre-approved prior to the starting date.
- Late registration for classes may be pro-rated, plus a possible late fee.
- Program fees and times are subject to change without notification.
- Each program must meet a minimum participant number or it will be canceled.
- Black-soled shoes or work boots are not allowed in the gym, multi-purpose room or Wellness Center.
- Lockers and locker rooms are available on a daily-use basis. Articles may not be kept lockers overnight. Bring your own lock.
- If you suspect inappropriate or illegal activity within our facilities, please notify a staff member immediately. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Only Personal Trainers employed by the YMCA can provide training within YMCA programs and facilities.
- Children 7 and younger must be directly supervised by an adult while in YMCA facilities.(The Downtown YMCA requires that children 13 and younger must be directly supervised by an adult.) Children may not accompany parents to adult classes or the Wellness Center.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) in the pool.
- The YMCA does not provide health or accident insurance. All individuals participate at their own risk.
- Please check with the branch directly for information on racquetball reservations, guest passes, use of the weight room and class cancellation due to inclement weather.
- Please respect all handicapped parking signs and posted speed limits within the YMCA grounds.
- Children older than 5 are not allowed to enter locker rooms of the opposite sex (even if escorted by parent).
- Children under 18 years old are not allowed in adult fitness centers (Downtown YMCA)
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting is not allowed.
- Harassment or intimidation toward others by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior is not allowed.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way is not allowed.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, as well as any sexual contact with another person, is not allowed.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire is not allowed.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs is not allowed.
- The YMCA of Greater Omaha strictly forbids the possession, use, or display of weapons/firearms in or around YMCA property including all buildings and surrounding areas, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and vehicles.
- Smoking is not allowed on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property are smoke-free environments.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA is not allowed.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property is not allowed.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
- Use of electronic devices, cameras or video recording devices is prohibited in ALL locker rooms and restrooms. Cellular devices are highly discouraged from being used on the wellness floor, as a courteous to surrounding members and guests.
- An application for a sport or class once processed, may be canceled prior to the beginning of the program, and a refund may be given, minus $5.00 for administrative handling. Partial refunds may be given in the case of illness/ injury occurring within the first two weeks of a program, on a case-by-case basis. Refunds are in the form of check or credit only.
- We require written notice of membership cancellation before the 25th of the month to avoid a draft the following month.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
- Outstanding payments (including bad checks and bad bank drafts) are subject to additional service charges and termination.
Non Member Daily Facility Fees:
Butler-gast YMCA & South Program Center Daily Fees:
The YMCA routinely photographs and/or videotapes our members and program participants in various activities. Some of this material is used for marketing and/or fundraising. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please tell the photographer/videographer, or step out of the shot. Taking photographs and/or recording audio or video without authorization is not allowed in certain areas within the facilities of the YMCA of Greater Omaha. Please adhere to all posted signage.
Nationwide Membership Policy
By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, I agree to release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha allows members who terminate their membership to rejoin within 30 days without paying a joining fee. After that time, the full joining fee will be charged.