YMCA Diabetes Management
The YMCA’s Diabetes Management Program is a physical activity and education program designed to help adults with type 2 diabetes reclaim their health.
Participants work with trained staff from the YMCA and CHI Health to increase their physical activity and learn how to improve other aspects of their current lifestyle to better manage their diabetes. Participants will receive individual attention in a group setting, creating a safe and fun environment to reach their goals.
In this 13 week program, participants will participate in 2 guided group physical activity sessions per week, led by certified YMCA trainers, and also participate in a total of 8 education sessions led by CHI Health diabetes coaches. Participants are expected to set individual goals with their trainers and educators, record their daily food/physical activity/blood sugar, attend all weekly sessions and complete the pre- and post-wellness assessments.
- Lifestyle education from a diabetes coach
- Small group training with certified personal trainers
- Household membership for the program duration
- Fitness assessments, A1c lab work and body composition analyses
- Log book to record food, drink, physical activity, and blood sugar over the 13 weeks
Informational Flyer and Physician’s Referral Form: